Sunday, December 26, 2004

I Guess We're In
By Zach

So the Seahawks are in the playoffs. I guess I should be excited. Hell, we've got a shot to host our first home playoff game since I was two weeks old. Then again, the team I'm supposed to be getting excited about blew a 17 point lead to the Rams with 6 minutes left in the game, a 10 point lead to the Cowboys with 2 minutes left in the game, and nearly blew a 17 point lead to the Cardinals today. So let's just say that I haven't exactly been too optimistic about our chances.

But then I stopped and realized that the rest of the NFC sucks too. The Packers defense is terrible, the Vikings is also, the Eagles just lost their best player, and now are the exact same team that folded up in the playoffs for three straight years, the Falcons, yes, have Mike Vick, but is he the Good Vick or the Bad Vick? And whomever gets the final playoff spot, either the Rams, Packers, or Saints, is going to be 8-8 in a terrible conference for a reason. So there's no particular reason the Seahawks can't win at least one, and maybe two games in the playoffs. Hell, they've still got a shot to make the Super Bowl.

Still, I'm kinda hoping they don't, because goddamn I want Mike Holmgren fired. And Ray Rhodes brutally murdered.
The face of all evil.
The two of them have shammed the NFL for long enough. Rhodes comes on the job, gets his players to play an agressive style that works for about 10 weeks, then when things start going to Hell he jumps ship. Holmgren was lucky enough to have one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history running his offense, and still only won one Super Bowl. Now, both have conspired to drag my beloved Seahawks down the merry road of blown chances, idiotic plays, and even stupider playcalling. If they blitz on 3rd and 10 once more, or have Trent Dilfer throw on first down again, well I can't be responsible for my actions, can I?

At least the Sonics are 19-5.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

1) If any of these coaches ever played Madden, they'd know that you can play aggressive defense only so much, since every once in a while even Ken Dorsey can beat you deep to Brandon Lloyd if you've got only one on one coverage due to the blitz. The real-life example is that Champ Bailey, one of the best cover corners in the league, is getting beaten more often now because more teams are challenging him when he's in isolated coverage.
2) If any of these coaches ever read TMQ, they would understand that the third-and-long blitz is the stupidest thing a defense can do.
3) I will throw a shoe out my front window if I see another team drive down to the goal line, get stuffed on a run, stuffed on a run, and then do play action when everyone knows they're gonna pass. GODDAMMIT.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

Dave, you, me, and the TMQ agree wholeheartedly. Hence, I want to kill Ray Rhodes.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<body>